font for dired mode?

From: David Reitter
Subject: font for dired mode?
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:07:07 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to set a different font for the dired mode. I would like to make everything appear in "fontset-monaco12". I've tried setting the faces (like dired-header), but that didn't work at all.

Then I've tried this:

(add-hook 'dired-mode-hook (lambda () (set-frame-font "fontset-monaco12")))

but the result was only that the buffer from which i called dired was displayed in monaco, but not the newly opened frame for dired. It's like the hook is called from the wrong context, with a different frame being the selected frame.

So I don't know what to do -- anyone have an idea?
Many thanks!