Re: aspell and special characters

From: Sebastian Schubert
Subject: Re: aspell and special characters
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:02:34 +0200

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 23.04.2005 um 13:24 schrieb Sebastian Schubert:
>
>> Only aspell isn't working in emacs. So there is no need of setting LANG
>> somewhere, isn't it? If it was still necessary, do I have to put it
>> into .Xressources?
>
> LANG and LC_CTYPE belong into your run-time environment, something the
> shell will reveal upon invoking env or printenv. These environment
> variables are set in your shell's rc file.

Thanks for information.
The variable is already set:
sebschub@Wanze:~> env | grep "LANG"
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8

> aspell is also known as american spell - guess why! ispell is more
> international and the best since 25 years.

I'll test both.

> Besides this: ä = C3 A4 = "ä" - so there was an UTF-8 output made but
> not correctly recognized. You can check yourself with C-u C-x = on the
> characters in question ...

Yes, it shows me that it is not utf8. The problem is not aspell, though. It
is the ispell.el which I was able to patch with

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=945391&group_id=245&atid=300245

(link found on aspell.net). It works now.

Thanks
Sebastian