Re: revert-buffer tragedy

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: revert-buffer tragedy
Date: 23 Apr 2005 19:49:31 -0500

Lowell Kirsh wrote:

  I just lost hours of work due to a combination of auto-revert-buffer
  and accidentally overwriting a file in my shell.

I do not know what shell you were using and how you accidentally
overwrote your file from the shell.  But if you were using bash and
overwrote using output redirection, you could write:

set -C

in your .bashrc.  That will only protect against accidental overwiting
using output redirection (using `>', `>&', and `<>'), however.

Sincerely,

Luc.