Re: [address@hidden: anyone knows automatic completation elisp script?]

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [address@hidden: anyone knows automatic completation elisp script?]
Date: 25 Apr 2005 14:04:15 +0100

>>>>> "litchi" == litchi  <smartlitchi@gmail.com> writes:

  litchi> From: litchi <smartLitchi@gmail.com> Subject: anyone knows
  litchi> automatic completation elisp script?  To: Emacs
  litchi> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:30:11
  litchi> +0800 Reply-To: smartLitchi@gmail.com

  litchi> I wander anyone who knows an automatic completation tools~?
  litchi> I mean if I want to input the word automatic and I have
  litchi> inputed four characters a,u,t and o then the rest
  litchi> (m,a,t,i,c) can be pushed to the screen automatilly ---need
  litchi> no complete command such as M-/

  litchi> If only one word (eg, only the word automatic) matches the
  litchi> regular expression ^auto no other words such as
  litchi> automatilly(this also match ^auto) exists in this buffer
  litchi> then we can use some keys to accept the auto
  litchi> completation(eg,<TAB>) then if also some other matches,We
  litchi> can use some keys to change the one we wanted from all the
  litchi> matches, eg, M-/.

pabbrev.el

It doesn't do exactly what you are asking for. It works on prefix
matching, rather than regexp. You need to hit tab at any time to
accept the completion, but the completion, where there is one, is
always shown on screen.

Cheers

Phil