Simple elisp problem with concat

From: exits funnel
Subject: Simple elisp problem with concat
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:20:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm trying to make some customizations to my .emacs
file and I've got a small problem.  I'm sure it's
silly but I'm absolutely new to (e)lisp so if someone
could straighten me out I'd appreciate it.

Why doesn't this line work?

(load-file concat("~/jdestuff"
"/cedet/cedet-1.0beta2b/common/cedet.el"))

when I evaluate just the concat it seems the correct
stuff is printed in the minibuffer but when I evaluate
the complete form above the interpreter complains
something about (void-variable concat).  Why doesn't
this work?  How can I fix it?  Thanks in advance for
any replies.

-exits