emacs and desktop-read

From: FCC
Subject: emacs and desktop-read
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:03:00 +0200

Hello all,

Here is my problem:
I create a .emacs.desktop file where the buffers are from a shared FAT32
disk between WinXP and Debian. If I try to read this .emacs.desktop
using (desktop-read), it fails:
Desktop: 0 buffers restored, 3 failed to restore.
If I exit emacs and restart it, then I get:
Desktop: 1 buffer restored, 2 failed to restore.
Any ideas as to what to do?

Thanks in advance,

--
FCC.

===
The quality of life is determined by its activities.
-Aristotle.