Re: inserting a register into a shell when it starts

From: J. David Boyd
Subject: Re: inserting a register into a shell when it starts
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:48:27 GMT

> Am 28.04.2005 um 21:40 schrieb J. David Boyd:
>
>> Any ideas how to do this?
>>

> My first idea is to ask you to be a bit more explicit!
>
> Is your Emacs running in a terminal emulator? (Which one?)
> What is "shelling out" meaning in English?
> Is the problem appearing in the *shell* buffer inside GNU Emacs?
> What is the definition of PS1?
> What is .emacs_bash?

I'm running emacs 22.0.50.1, under cygwin.

shelling out means 'meta-x shell <enter>'

yes, the problem shows in the shell buffer inside of emacs, as the escape
codes are showing up in the prompt.

the prior def of PS1 is rather convoluted, and long,

However, you've already answered my question, with your reference to
.emacs_bash.

Thanks very much, as putting the def for PS1 into this file solved my problem.

Dave