Re: Intercepting windowClosed (OS X or in general)

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Intercepting windowClosed (OS X or in general)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 21:57:37 +0000 (UTC)

Stefan Monnier  writes:

> > how would one intercept handling of windowClosed events, that is, when
> > a user clicks the closer button to delete a frame. I would ideally like to
> > advise a function to do something special or use a hook.
>
> delete-frame-hook, maybe?

Thanks, but I assume this would be fired when a frame is deleted automatically,
too. I think there's a function to check if it was a mouse event, right?

But I found an easier way - that is to redefine handle-delete-frame to do what
I want.

Works. (For now, at least.)

Oh, is there a list of *all* hooks somewhere? This delete-frame-hook is not
listed on the "standard hooks" page of the elisp manual. Or, search
documentation for .*-hooks? ?