Re: Intercepting windowClosed (OS X or in general)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Intercepting windowClosed (OS X or in general)
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 23:30:22 -0400

>> delete-frame-hook, maybe?

> Thanks, but I assume this would be fired when a frame is deleted
> automatically,  too. I think there's a function to check if it was a mouse
> event, right?

I'm not sure what you mean by "automatically", but if you only want to catch
the "press the delete button in the WM", then try to change the binding for
the delete-frame event in special-event-map (defaults to
handle-delete-frame).

> But I found an easier way - that is to redefine handle-delete-frame to do
> what I want.

That's less elegant.

> Oh, is there a list of *all* hooks somewhere?

It's an ill-defined concept, there's an infinity of hooks.

> This delete-frame-hook is not  listed on the "standard hooks" page of the
> elisp manual. Or, search  documentation for .*-hooks? ?

I found the above one with M-x apropos RET frame.*hook RET

        Stefan