Re: One handed Emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: One handed Emacs
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 12:10:18 +0900

Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> writes:
>    > Hmmm; a vi-type key layout might be a lot easier for such a case.
>    >
>    > If he wants to use emacs, how about turning on `viper-mode'?
>
> What the author means by "VI-type", I think, has something to do with
> "pseudo-graphical" layout.

Actually I just mean the fact that most vi bindings are single
keystrokes with no modifier-key required (and the basic movement keys
are on the right-hand home-row).

I don't like vi the editor, but the keybinding scheme is an interesting
alternative to that of emacs, (though not as good as vi fanatics seem to
think it is... :-), and with viper-mode you can easily try it out in emacs.

[I almost never use vi, but am quite used to the vi movement keys
because of rogue/nethack :-]

-miles
--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
 you do it."  Mahatma Ghandi