RE: use of special-event-map

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: use of special-event-map
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 17:50:09 -0700

    The `iconify-frame' event is just informing that the frame has
    been iconified.

That answers my question. The event indicates that iconification has
occurred, not that the "minimize" button was clicked.

That's the info I was missing - thanks for it. I didn't know at what point
Emacs received a window-manager event for this. I found no explanation of
special events like [iconify-frame] in such terms. I tried to follow the
code that deals with this event (in parts of w32term.c, xterm.c, frame.c,
and keyboard.c), but this wasn't clear to me.