calling set-face-font in the .gun-emacs (aka .emacs)

From: Hattuari
Subject: calling set-face-font in the .gun-emacs (aka .emacs)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 01:14:15 -0400

I've concluded that I am virtually immune to Lisp.  I spent the last hour
trying to figure out how to call set-face-font so that the default face
font is -adobe-courier-bold-r-normal--20-140-100-100-m-110-iso8859-15.  I
finally went to M-x customize-faces and saved the setting after I changed
it with the interactive command.  I feel certain there is a way to tell
Emacs to evaluate the function when the .gnu-emacs (the name for .emacs on
my system) file is loaded. (How) Can this be done?