Argument-list in function with variable number of arguments...

From: luca . spinacci
Subject: Argument-list in function with variable number of arguments...
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 16:17:36 +0200

Is there a way to have a variable number of arguments in
a function argument-list?
I know how to write a function in which a fixed number of arguments
is expected for ex.

( defun my-function ( first second )
   (interactive "sFirst : \nsSecond : ")
   (insert ""first"\n"
                ""second"\n")
)

So I'm asked for "first" and for "second"...and my-function
inserts the two of them in a buffer.
I would like to have more arguments (let's say n) and being
asked for them interactively, for instance:
How many arguments? : 5 <Ret>
First : first_argument <Ret>
Second : second_argument <Ret>
Third : third_argument <Ret>
...and so on without knowing their number in advance.

Is it possible?
Thank you very much,
Luca.