Re: Emacs 21 and w3 on Debian

From: Thierry Emery
Subject: Re: Emacs 21 and w3 on Debian
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:57:48 +0200

Klaus Straubinger <KSNetz@UseNet.ArcorNews.DE> writes:

> Thierry Emery <see.sig@spamfoil.invalid> wrote:
>
>> (defadvice w3-finalize-image-download (around set-inhibit-read-only activate)
>>   (let ((inhibit-read-only t))
>>     ad-do-it))
>
> Thank you for your improvements. They work good for me.
> Do have any possibility to bring them into the CVS version?

I have a CVS client installed, if that is what you are asking ?
Who is in charge of the CVS version you mention ?

>> (defadvice widget-image-value-create (around set-inhibit-read-only activate)
>>   (let ((inhibit-read-only t))
>>     ad-do-it))
>
> Is this really necessary?

Oops, no -- i had written it chronologically before the first `defadvice'
and have not checked afterwards whether it was still useful ...
thanks for testing it !

> I have been able to achieve good results with the following:
>
>   (defadvice widget-image-value-set (around set-point activate)
>     (save-excursion
>       (let ((p (widget-get (ad-get-arg 0) 'where)))
>         (if p (goto-char p)))
>       ad-do-it))
>
> This avoids redefining the whole function and using eval-after-load.

Yes, this is more elegant on the user side !

Thierry
--
thierry |dot| emery |at| free |dot| fr