Re: Hiding lines based on a regexp

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: Hiding lines based on a regexp
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 00:04:47 GMT

"Pascal Bourguignon" <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote in message
news:<87br6wff2k.fsf@thalassa.informatimago.com>...
> If the parts you want to hide are at the beginning or at the end of a
> buffer, you could use narrow-to-region (and then widden).

This is a silly suggestion.  Clearly anything at
either end of the buffer is not going to make reading
the code any more difficult.  It is the junk that is
scattered through the code that I want to suppress.

I can implement this.  It is just that it is such an
obvious thing to want to have that I assumed that it
must already exist and that I have just been unable to
find it.  It would behave like flush-lines except that
you can get them back later - _even_ if you have
done some editing in the interim.

Regards,
  David V.