Re: Hiding lines based on a regexp

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Hiding lines based on a regexp
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 11:37:01 +0200

Travis Spencer <travislspencer@gmail.com> writes:

> hs-hide-block combined w/ a macro might just work.

hideshow never hides the block completely -- the first
line is always shown -- so maybe it doesn't fit the OP's
requirements.  on the other hand, if the debugging output
code is isolated in a code block (between curly braces for
java), hideshow can handle that block just like any other.

unfortunately, hideshow is not as general as it could be.
someone needs to pry it away from its regexp dependency,
babysit-with-tlc the inevitable withdrawal symptoms, and
gently detox the design to the point where separation of
definition (of a block) and action (on a block) would allow
easier behavior customization, then finally re-introduce
regexps as a particular flavor of block definition.

the fine hack is to twist and get twisted, be missed but
not misted, make list while unlisted, assist the acysted.

eventually we will see, the blind doctor said to me...

thi