Re: How do I set border color in 21.3 (Win32)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How do I set border color in 21.3 (Win32)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:13:30 +0300

> From: Daniel Brockman <daniel@brockman.se>
> Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:42:57 +0200
>
> > So, that area is called "fringe".  Now I can set the color.
> > It's not just in mythology that knowing a things true name gives you
> > power over it.  Thanks.
>
> Indeed, that is how it works in Emacs too. :-)
>
> Seriously, I can't think of a good way to find this out on your own.

There _is_ a way: the node "Faces" in the Emacs manual lists all the
faces that Emacs knows about.  So if you know you are looking for a
face, you should find it there.

That said, if someone can suggest a few strings or phrases that could
be useful index entries for the fringes, please speak up, and I will
add the most successful indexing to the manual, so that the
description of the fringes could be easily found via the index search
even if one doesn't know the name.  (A good criterion for coming up
with a useful index entry is to ask yourself what would you try to
look up in the index if I needed to find out about this feature and
didn't know its exact name.)