Is make-frame async?

From: PT
Subject: Is make-frame async?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:30:57 +0200

I tried creating a new frame and setting the mouse pointer to its 0,0 position in 21.3 on Linux:

(let ((frame (make-frame ...)))
  (set-mouse-position frame 0 0))

Sometimes it works, sometimes the pointer is put into the 0,0 corner of the desktop instead.

Maybe make-frame returns before the frame actually appears? The documentation doesn't say so. If this is the case is there a standard way to wait for the frame "to be ready"?

I thought about polling it with frame-visible-p, but this method doesn't seem too elegant.

Is there an other way?