Re: what is emacs countepart of vi's 'ctrl-p'

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: what is emacs countepart of vi's 'ctrl-p'
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:57:00 -0800

* Saket Sathe <saket@cc.iitb.ac.in> [050603 10:34]:

  Insert mode or normal?
  ----------------------
  If you are referring to completion in insert mode,
  than the corresponding command that I use is
  'dabbrev-expand
  which is bound by default to M-/

  What I do is bind dabbrev-expand to C-=
  and bind 'advertised-undo to F12, that way
  when I'm "scrolling thru" possible completions and
  "pass" the one I want, pressing F12 takes me "back".

  HTH
  tim