Re: how can i run csh in emacs?

From: Bie Song
Subject: Re: how can i run csh in emacs?
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:13:41 +0800 (CST)

>In a regular shell inside GNU Emacs this shell needs from an entry for
>a terminal type emacs which usually comes from a file called termcap.
>Inside your GNU Emacs distribution you'll find
>/usr/local/share/emacs/<version number>/etc/termcap.src. If your >system does not have its own termcap file, create an environment >variable TERMPATH and let it point to the termcap.src file. Or create a >symlink /etc/termcap pointing to /usr/local/share/emacs/<version
>number>/etc/termcap.src.

thanks a lot for your reply
i  found termcap file in /etc in system(FREEBSD 5.3RC) and csh is my current  working shell
then i set variable TERMCAP in ~/.cshrc:
setenv TERMCAP /etc/termcap
in ~/.emacs:
(setq explicit-term-file-name "/bin/csh")
but yesterday once more,csh doesn't work in emacs who still said "csh:can't open /etc/termcap"
so,what 's wrong  with what i did?

DO YOU YAHOO!?
欢迎使用雅虎超大容量免费邮箱