Getting display origin

From: David Reitter
Subject: Getting display origin
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 12:28:12 +0100

Hi,

could someone tell me how to get the origin of the display?
I'm asking because on the Mac port (Carbon, not X11), the x-ordinates can easily become negative.
I've checked for some display-pixel-* function, and I've tried Google.

What I need to know is what the available range of coordinates are that are visible on the current display. I can get the width with display-pixel-width, but at least on the Mac, it doesn't always start at 0. For example, (frame-parameter (selected-frame) 'left) can return something like (+ -1045) if the frame in question is on the left screen of a multi-screen setup (with the menu bar = origin on the right).

Thanks
Dave