list Perl functions in menubar dropdown

From: Peyton Bland
Subject: list Perl functions in menubar dropdown
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:14:05 -0400

Hi,

In the past, I have used a version of xemacs (version 19, I think) that
included an item in the menubar that was labeled Functions.  It would
drop down (depending on mode) a list of Perl (and C) function names;
selecting a name in this list would take you to that point in the file.
I am now using GNU emacs v21.3.1 on another system, and I'd like to
have this functionality available but have been unable to get this to
work or to find any info on this.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peyton Bland
Univ. of Michigan, Dept. of Radiology