Re: Does anyone use menus?

From: Micha Feigin
Subject: Re: Does anyone use menus?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:48:42 +0300 (IDT)

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Dmitriy wrote:

Hello,
what do you think of menus importance for vim? How often do the people use menus, or commands are enough to make one happy? Would anyone complain if there were no menus at all?

I am developing an IDE supporting a number of external plug-in editors including vim. I am about to use no menus for emacs plug-in, because of interference with IDE's own menu system. So I wonder if it would make any problems for emacs users.

I would appreciate any opinions/considerations on the subject

with emacs and vim, people who use then alot tend to mostly use hotkeys and very little menus. Occational users will use the menu a lot more.

The main thing I use menus for is replace (I can never remember the shortcut for neither emacs or vim) and special mode menus (auctex for example)

Thanks,
Dmitriy