Re: warning while compiling/installing Gnu Emacs

From: rgb
Subject: Re: warning while compiling/installing Gnu Emacs
Date: 23 Jun 2005 09:15:51 -0700

jorge wrote:
> Hi,
> I've  just compiled and installed Emacs in Linux, but in the process I got
> the following warning, for some functions:
> "comparison is always true due to limited range of data type"
> Does this mean, that i need to go to every function the warning points to,
> and try tyo fix the types?
> The Emacs installation was a success, maybe I just could ignore the warning?
>
> Thanks in advance

There are always warnings.  Sometimes a huge number depending on the
compiler you use and the target system.  Generally they are all
ignorable.  If it was a bootstrap build and was successful and the
object actually runs there is probably nothing to worry about.
I generally get several thousand warnings but it runs great when done.