Re: Remap key to UK pound sign

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Remap key to UK pound sign
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:19:41 +0200

Am 28.06.2005 um 09:08 schrieb Stefan Monnier:

If you want people to improve Carbon Emacs, in the future I'd recommend you
think about the idea of not denigrating their work,

I'm sorry!

Stefan and others: I did want to be that rude, I rather wanted to state that Carbon Emacs versions 21 and 22 are going in the wrong direction when they use Quickdraw based routines to render text. It wasn't good last millennium, it can't be good today sticking to some proprietary Mac encodings. I'd wish more work would be put into the new font handling in Carbon Emacs 23! I made its X11 variant already my default GNU Emacs ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?"
                                                   - Tom Stoppard