Re: Pitfalls of switching to {ucs} and [utf8x]{inputenc} ?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Pitfalls of switching to {ucs} and [utf8x]{inputenc} ?
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:23:18 +0200

Am 30.06.2005 um 16:51 schrieb Adam Funk:

But before I do this to my thesis, I'd like to know if it's really that
simple or if there are any pitfalls?  If it matters, my thesis contains
a lot of occurrences of Swedish special characters in \text{...}
commands in math mode.

Make a test with one or more excerpts, edited a bit to contain quite all Swedish characters!

Could be you meet some errors in the utf8 files of the LaTeX distribution (a few were reported to LaTeX bugs: http://www.latex-project.org/bugs-upload.html) ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

“I hope to die before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.”
     - Donald E. Knuth, 2001-10-02 in Tübingen.