Minibuffer Language Selection Interface

From: Alan
Subject: Minibuffer Language Selection Interface
Date: 12 Jul 2005 10:13:42 -0700

hi,

I'm running emacs 21.3.1 on a Solaris 10 box. Emacs has some kind of
language selection interface that shares the minibuffer line on the
right hand side, with choices for "English/European, Cyrillic, Greek
...". I've been using different versions of emacs for a few years now
and I've never seen this before. Can someone help me figure out how to
disable this please? I want my minibuffer back!

I've tried starting emacs without loading default.el and without
site-start.el, neither makes any difference. I can't find anything
under help or customization that helps, but part of the problem is that
I'm not sure what exactly to look for.