set mark and point around current line

From: Baloff
Subject: set mark and point around current line
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 05:04:49 -0700

Hello
how can I find out what is the command to do somthing.
say I want to select "highlight" the current line to copy it to another window. do I (Set the mark and point around the current line) > M-w > change window > C-y? and btw, when you have many windows open, aren't they numbered so that you can issue a command to go to a spacific window instead of what I am doing C-x o and watch the pointer move randomly till it gets to the window of my choice.

thanks