Emacs 21.4.1 under konsole/xterm

From: Ulisses
Subject: Emacs 21.4.1 under konsole/xterm
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 01:32:36 +0200

Hi all

I'm trying to use emacs with a konsole/xterm and UTF-8

I can cat > somefile and type utf-8 characters, also characters
are displayed correctly.

My only i18n environment variable is LANG=es_ES.UTF-8, which I
understand should be enough.

when I execute "emacs -nw" under an xterm or konsole, emacs can
display utf-8 text but I cannot type non ascii characters directly. I
understand that this is a problem related to the "input method". I have
read some documentation & wiki info but I haven't managed to configure
it properly.

how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

        Ulisses
                Debian GNU/Linux: a dream come true
"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso