Re: "Best" way to run on Windows XP

From: Peter Lee
Subject: Re: "Best" way to run on Windows XP
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:20:04 GMT

    Chris> Is the "best" way to run emacs on Windows XP to use the Native XP
build
    Chris> or the Cygwin?

I've always used the native port using mingw tools for compiling.
With the cvs version you can also get image support for the native
build.  That plus the gnuwin32 tools and eshell keeps me happy.  I
have cygwin installed as well, but really only ever use it for the
x-server when I want to run emacs remotely.