marrying braket for ?: operator

From: Baloff
Subject: marrying braket for ?: operator
Date: 28 Jul 2005 15:20:51 +1000

Hello

when I move my pointer to a braket, it highlight its marring braket.
but how can I get it to do the same with the ternary if-else operator (?:)
I hope this is a good group for this question otherwise please point
me.

say this .cpp file for example
  (i < 10)? \\open 1
     (i > 5)?  \\open 2
     cout << "5 < i < 10" << endl
     :  \\close 2
     cout << "i <= 5" << endl
     :  \\close 1
     cout << "i >= 10" << endl;

the files below have been copied from some source I don't remember, and I
am not lisp boy at all.

I am coding c++ using emacs and have
(load "~/.emacs-mc394")
in my ~/.emacs

~/.emacs-mc394 looks like this
;; Modified by Mike Hvidsten from MC38J emacs file
;;  Feb. 4, 2004

(c-add-style "mc394-style"
             '("cc-mode"
               (c-basic-offset . 3)      ; In general, indent 3 spaces
               (c-hanging-braces-alist
                (defun-open after))      ; brace that opens a function
definition
               (c-cleanup-list brace-else-brace
                               brace-elseif-brace
                               empty-defun-braces
                               defun-close-semi
                               scope-operator)
               (c-hanging-braces-alist
                ; These determine whether a newline appears before
                ; and/or after a brace in various situations.
                (brace-list-open)
                (block-open after)       ; statement block open brace
                (defun-open after)       ; brace that opens a function
definition
                (substatement-open after); the brace that opens a substatement
block
                (block-close . c-snug-do-while))
               (c-hanging-colons-alist
                (access-label after)) ; Newline after protected: or private:
               (c-hungry-delete-key t))) ; delete black space all at once

;; Variable should be t if we are running xemacs.
(defvar xemacs-p
  (string-match "XEmacs" emacs-version))

(if (not xemacs-p)
    (progn
      (global-font-lock-mode t)
       ; If using global-font-lock-mode, make control-L update colors
      (global-set-key "\C-l"
                      (function (lambda (arg) (interactive "P")
                                  (font-lock-fontify-block 100)
                                  (recenter arg))))))
(setq auto-mode-alist (append '(("\\.h$" . c++-mode)) auto-mode-alist))