Re: Font and Window Size in emacs

From: Joe Hesse
Subject: Re: Font and Window Size in emacs
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:54:42 -0500

"Peter Dyballa" <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote in message
news:mailman.2159.1122825781.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org...

Am 31.07.2005 um 17:26 schrieb Joe Hesse:

> Hi,
> I am using emacs under Linux.  I have two questions.
>
> 1.  When I press the shift key and left mouse button I get a font
> selection
> menu.  How can I make my choice of 14 pt Courier permanent without issuing
> the command each time?

Define some more fonts and fontsets à la:

(setq x-fixed-font-alist
    '("X11 Font Menu"
       ("Misc fixed"
;; For these, we specify the pixel height and width.
        ("ISO 10646-1"
        ("24 bold slant"
"-adobe-courier-bold-o-normal--*-240-75-75-m-*-iso10646-1" "24 bold
slant")

> 2.  How can I make emacs come up in full screen mode each time it starts?

xdpyinfo tells your screen's size. In .Xdefaults you can put:

Emacs*geometry: 1440x900

--
Greetings

   Pete

Do I have to do all of the above just to get 14 pt font instead of the
default 12 pt?
Also, I created a .Xdefaults file and put in:
Emacs*geometry 1280x1024
It didn't work for me.
Many thanks,
Joe