Re: Read man page in Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Read man page in Emacs
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:41:18 +0300

> Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:32:42 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> "M-x woman" can work on MS Windows too with GnuWin32 utilities. You then
> have to add the GnuWin23 man path to `woman-manpath'.

Did you try that?  GnuWin23 distros have an unfortunate habit to
distribute man pages as foo.1.txt files, and I'm not sure WoMan will
grok such names.  GnuWin23 also removes all traces of overstriking and
underlining from the formatted man pages, so the result displayed by
WoMan might lack fontification.

One could use unformatted man pages instead, of course, if they are
installed...