Making the width of three windows equal

From: Samuel
Subject: Making the width of three windows equal
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 02:47:36 +0200

Hello,

When opening multiple (three) vertically split windows by pressing C-x 3
twice, one of the windows takes up 50% of the screen width and the other
two 25% each. I am looking for an equivalent to what C-x + does for
horizontally split windows, that is, making each of them take up 33% of
the terminal width. Is there a shortcut to do this?

(I am aware of M-33 C-x 3, C-x { and C-x }, but I am looking for an
automated way to do this.)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
-Samuel
|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam ad debain dod org  | knipknap ad jabber dod org |