Re: Syntax Highlighting is toooo slow

From: Steven Woody
Subject: Re: Syntax Highlighting is toooo slow
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:19:00 +0800

david@adboyd.com (J. David Boyd) writes:

> Steven Woody <anti-spam.narkewoody@gmail.com.dont-post-to> writes:
>
>> in varity of programming modes such as c-abbrev, c++-mode syntax
>> highlighting is a kind friend.  but i found these days that my syntax
>> highting act too slow to make feeling good. it is always when i type in the
>> last half of the code, the first half of code got colored correctly.  what's
>> the problem?
>>

> Are you using the ctypes functions, and have you defined many of your own
> types?  I've had that slow me down some...

no! i tried a very simple test:

,----
| int main(void) {
|     int i = 0;
|     char *abc = "hello, world";
|
|     while (i < 100)
|       i++;
|
|     exit(0);
| }
`----

after i from scatch input all the code above, there is no any color. then i
close the file and re-open it. the color comes up. :(

--
steven woody (id: narke)

Jesse: I heard this story once about when the Germans were occupying
Paris and they had to retreat back. They wired Notre Dame to blow,
but they had to leave one guy in charge of hitting the switch. And
the guy, the soldier, he couldn't do it. You know, he just sat
there, knocked out by how beautiful the place was. And then when
the allied troops came in, they found all the explosives just
lying there and the switch unturned, and they found the same thing
at Sacre Couer, Eiffel Tower. Couple other places I think...
Celine: Is that true?
Jesse: I don't know. I always liked the story, though.

        - Before Sunset (2004)