Re: New balance-windows

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: New balance-windows
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:31:01 +0200

"Richard M. Stallman" <rms@gnu.org> writes:
> Why do you think this is better than the current balance-windows function?

The current balance-windows balances locally, so there may be big
differences in window size when the split tree is deep.

Ehud and I are proposing an algorithm to balance windows globally.

It's not better, it's a matter of user taste.

The only point for emacs developers though is that some internals are
not available to the emacs lisp programmer (this is the only bad thing
IMHO), and thus such algorithms are harder to implement by users...

> (I would rather we focus attention on the steps needed to make a
> release.)

Of course, we're not discussing this in gnus.emacs.devel, let's emacs
developers work on the important things.
We users are not in a hurry either.

--
"What is this talk of "release"?  Klingons do not make software
"releases".  Our software "escapes" leaving a bloody trail of