Re: New balance-windows

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: New balance-windows
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:36:47 +0300

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 04:17:21 +0200, Lennart Borgman
<lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se> wrote:

> Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

> >I think a correct algorithm should recover the split tree, then make
> >the balancing depending on the window counts in subtrees.
> >

> I think Pascal is right. Though I think Ehud has made a very nice try I
> believe the split tree must be used. There is not enough information to
> solve the problem otherwise.

I think that balancing the windows should be done based on geometry
ONLY. What do I care how this geometry was reached ?

The split tree may cause technical difficulties to the redisplay
engine, but it should be solved there.

The problem is with `enlarge-window' that can not move some edges,
otherwise there is pure geometry algorithm to resize the windows (see
my other reply).

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign