Re: Email in emacs

From: Björn Lindström
Subject: Re: Email in emacs
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:31:28 +0200

Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1@gmail.com> writes:

> I am debating between mutt and a an email tool within emacs. Goal is
> eventuall sync it with my gmail account and will be using it to
> send/recieve attachments and for user groups.

>From what I understand, Gmail can forward all mail to any account, so
that should not be an issue.

If by "user groups" you mean newsgroups, Gnus is probably your best
bet. If on the other you mostly need good IMAP support, you might want
to try WanderLust. Or, if you just need a plain old mailer, maybe Rmail
or VM.

There's a list of these and a bunch more on
http://emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryMail