Re: emacsclient/server on Windows

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: emacsclient/server on Windows
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 04:38:25 -0500

   >You didn't say why you you need emacsclient to write or use an
   >ontology editor.  Perhaps if you say how it would be used, then
   >someone can suggest a more specific work-around.

   Well at present time the Gnuserver from Lennart looks te be largely
   good enough, to implement one of the needed features: a text editor to
   edit Lisp like lists (frame definitions) that would be retrieved from
   a database.

I don't see why exactly the server is needed, sorry for being dense.
Couldn't you just load the database into memory in some suitable
fashion and then spawn frames and windows as needed, all from within
the one running emacs?

   Thanks for your interest,

Thanks for explaining... I'm still sort of confused, but yeah, still
interested!

   I see your are from utexas.edu, would you be a KM user?

I used to be.  Now I'm working on an Emacs-native knowledge
representation platform; if you want to check it out it is at
http://www.nongnu.org/hdm/ in the "scholium-system" subdirectory.  Not
finished, but possibly of interest at this stage, and it should be
done soon-ish.