Newbie: Copy&paste text from native application into emacs?

From: David Reitter
Subject: Newbie: Copy&paste text from native application into emacs?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:56:01 +0100

I'm very new to emacs and I wonder how I can copy some text from my
webbrowser into an emacs buffer?

This depends on the distribution you're using. We have put together a distro that lets you use the same keyboard shortcuts that are standard on the Mac:

http://aquamacs.org

It comes with a number of customizations, but the underlying platform is an up-to-date GNU Emacs.

You can just copy & paste text over from another application with Command-C, Command-V as usual.