How to make gnus store received mail in the directory /mnt/windows?

From: address@hidden
Subject: How to make gnus store received mail in the directory /mnt/windows?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:03:05 +0200

Hi.

I want gnus to store my received mail in a certain directory,
let's call it `/path/to/mydir'. To do so, I just put in my .gnus.el
the following:

(setq gnus-select-method  '(nnml "received-mail"
                                 (nnml-directory "/path/to/mydir")
))

, and it works fine.
Now, the problem is that the desired directory is /mnt/windows,
and gnus refuses to store mail there, maybe because of a matter of
permissions. But the command `$ ls -l /mnt' shows that the
dir /mnt/windows is writable by all users.
How can I work the problem out?

Thanks for any help,
Rodolfo

6X velocizzare la tua navigazione a 56k? 6X Web Accelerator di Libero!
Scaricalo su INTERNET GRATIS 6X http://www.libero.it