Re: building emacs cvs on macosx tiger

From: Flatman
Subject: Re: building emacs cvs on macosx tiger
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:26:32 +0200

* Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> wrote:

| Flatman <flatman@swing.be> writes:
|
| > Any idea why ?
|
| Did the ./configure script find the gif, png and tiff libraries?

This is a part the output of it :

Configured for `powerpc-apple-darwin8.2.0'.

  Where should the build process find the source code?
/Users/ec/emacscvs/emacs/mac/..
  What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use?
        `s/darwin.h' and `m/powermac.h'
  What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc -I/sw/include
-L/sw/lib -g -O2
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             no
    (The GNU allocators don't work with this system configuration.)
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    no
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
  What window system should Emacs use?                    mac
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          none
  Where do we find X Windows header files?                NONE
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   NONE
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -lungif?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   no
  Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars?                   yes

nothing else found about gif,png and tiff
might this be the reason ?

Erik