How to uncomment Perl program in emacs?

From: Andy
Subject: How to uncomment Perl program in emacs?
Date: 18 Aug 2005 14:23:59 -0700

I am right now using GNU emacs 20.3.1 on solaris. I can comment and
uncomment C codes by first simply highlighting the codes, and then
Control-c Control-c for comment or Control-u Control-c Control-c for
uncomment.

But I can't apply the above method to comment or uncomment Perl codes.
Alternatively, I can comment Perl codes by first highlighting the codes
then "M-x comment-region". But I don't know how to uncomment Perl
codes; at least, "M-x uncomment-region" doesn't work.

Can anyone please help me to find a better way to comment/uncomment
Perl codes, just like what can be done for C codes? Thanks a lot for
your help!

Andy