intlfonts and quote marks

From: Martin Steer
Subject: intlfonts and quote marks
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:31:47 +1000

I have a problem with quotation marks and the intlfonts, which I've
just installed. These fonts have 'smart quotes' which seem not to be
so smart. All I get are closing (right-side) marks, regardless of
position. This is how existing marks are represented and how new marks
appear, and is independent of the buffer encoding.

I don't particularly need smart quotes, although having them as an
option would be nice. I'm using emacs 22.0.50.1 on a Mac (but in X11).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Martin