Re: Edit file write protected by superuser rigths

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Edit file write protected by superuser rigths
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:50:58 +0200

Am 25.08.2005 um 02:53 schrieb David Combs:

Please, exactly what is that "!...4" key-sequence?

(I tried typing it into C-H k, but nothing.)

 (maybe spell it out?)  (your characters got garbled?)

Get a Mac! Well, it could be intel based ...

The command I mentioned which works in dired-mode only is the exclamation mark: ! -- nothing more! When you type it while your cursor is on a file or on a directory a shell command can process it, the shell command is input in mini-buffer. This shell command's output lands in *Shell Command Output*. Although I remember that there is a way to create too an extra buffer with error messages -- I don't remember! (Probably too busy.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

Banken sprengen heißt Sonne rein lassen.