Re: scroll mouse

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: scroll mouse
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:37:52 +0200

Reiner Steib <reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 25 2005, Johan Bockgård wrote:

>>> Geez, I can't believe I made this mistake. It should read:
>>>
>>> (setq mouse-wheel-mode t)
>>
>> The former works. The latter is wrong.
>
> According to the doc string, it should read (mouse-wheel-mode 1):

Yes, and that's the form I would use. (I deliberately wrote "The
former works", not "The former is correct" :).)

Seriously though, the Minor Mode Conventions say that `t' should be
OK:

    The command should accept one optional argument. If the argument
    is `nil', it should toggle the mode (turn it on if it is off, and
    off if it is on). It should turn the mode on if the argument is a
    positive integer, the symbol `t', or a list whose CAR is one of
    those. It should turn the mode off if the argument is a negative
    integer or zero, the symbol `-', or a list whose CAR is a negative
    integer or zero. The meaning of other arguments is not specified.

--
Johan Bockgård