Migrating mail from MS Outlook to Gnus

From: address@hidden
Subject: Migrating mail from MS Outlook to Gnus
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:44:01 +0200

I managed to migrate old mail from MS Outlook to gnus,
but gnus does not show the 'from' and the `subject' field in the summer buffer:
in their place, there is `nobody' and `none'. But within each message the
headers are visible: in fact in my .gnus.el I put the line:
(setq gnus-show-all-headers t)

. That's what I did:

* within Outlook, in a certain folder I did:
  edit > select all
  file > save as...
  , and saved the whole folder in the file `/path/to/newbie.txt';

* within gnus I did:
  `G f /path/to/newbie.txt'
  , so creating an nndoc group; then, within that group,
  `M P b'
  and
  `B r nnml'

. This way the old messages were imported to normal Gnus mail group hierarchy,
but in the Summary buffer, unlike all other messages, the imported ones do not
show the `from' and `subject'. If this problem remains, migrating old mail
into gnus can not be considered happily solved.
Is it possible to recover this, and how?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Rodolfo

Libero Flat, sempre a 4 Mega a 19,95 euro al mese!
Abbonati subito su http://www.libero.it