Re: using Xresources for geometry

From: Ballof
Subject: Re: using Xresources for geometry
Date: 02 Sep 2005 00:50:45 +1000

>     don't know how to do the rest of the options in the Xresources
>     file which are
>
>     emacs*Background: Black
>     emacs*Foreground: White
>     emacs*pointerColor: White
>     emacs*cursorColor: White
>     emacs*bitmapIcon: on
>     emacs*font: fixed
>
>     and then increase the size of the font because it is too small.
>     any help is welcomed
>
> 1. http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/SiteMap, then Search for:
>
>  - font (or zoom) - see, e.g., page SetFonts
>  - background (or foreground) - see, e.g., HowtoChangeFrameColors
>  - pointer - see, e.g., PointerShape
>
> 2. `M-x apropos RET cursor' (or whatever) - see, e.g., `cursor-color' and
> `cursor' face.
>
> 3. Use `M-x grep' to search the Emacs-distribution lisp directory on your
> machine - e.g. `M-x grep RET cursor'.
>
> 4. Search the Emacs Lisp manual.
>

> You get *one* more *free* question of this sort ;-). Fledgling, no more.

I got the doremi-frm.el from
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/doremi-frm.el by
clicking on the download, which opened a new page with the file in it,
then I copy and past into the scratch buffer, saved it in
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/doremi-frm.el, put (require 'doremi-frm)
 in the first line of my .emacs

M-x load-file ~/.emacs
cann't open load file: doremi

did I do something wrong?