Re: tramp2 not loading (?)

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp2 not loading (?)
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:55:27 +0200

ken <gebser@speakeasy.net> writes:

> What/which tramp version should I use?  I don't remember where I got the
> tramp2 tarball, just that I got it fairly recently... within the past
> couple of months.  I'm running Suse 9.3 Pro and would prefer an
> appropriate RPM so that the install data is put into the RPM database.
> Failing such a package, I wouldn't be averse to using the old-style
> tarred-up package.

I don't know a Tramp RPM package (which doesn't mean anything, 'cause
I'm using Debian).

Tramp tarballs can be found at <http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/tramp/>. The
stable release is 2.0 (2.0.50 the recent one). Tramp 2.1 is the
developer release. Don't mix this scheme with the subdirectory
"tramp2" in the tarball. Installation instructions are in file INSTALL.

> Thanks again for the help.
> ken

Best regards, Michael.