Re: I need an Emacs-file..

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: I need an Emacs-file..
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:35:02 +0300

> From: "Søren Sander" <S.S.Sander@mail.dk>
> Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 19:51:07 +0200
>
> For my root-directory...
> Since the one I have is named wrongly... And Windows don't seem to accept me
> renaming it...

My crystal ball says you meant the `.emacs' file.  Windows does allow
such file names, but some Windows programs, like the Explorer, don't
like them.  One way to rename the file is to start the Command Prompt,
then go to the correct directory, and type "ren foo .emacs" (replace
"foo" with the actual name of the file).

Alternatively, start Emacs, then type "C-x C-f ~/.emacs RET", and then
paste whatever contents you want there, and save the file.